Humidifiers Central Oregon
Humidifiers Knowledge For Central Oregon
Central Oregon is one of the most difficult places to live to have humidifiers function correctly and long-term. In a high dry cold climate, such as in Central Oregon, humidifiers are often used in homes to reduce the physical discomforts of dry nose, throat, lips, and skin. Humidifiers also add moisture to the dry air to alleviate common nuisances caused by winter heating, such as static electricity, peeling wallpaper, and cracks in paint, floors and furniture. That being said, we wanted to layout a few benefits of having proper humidification in your home and some problems with improper installments of different HVAC systems such as heat pumps, ductless heat pumps, air conditioning units and more.
Skin & Respiratory Benefits:
- Skin: Humidification is truly nurturing for our skin in dry weather. Having any type of heat output in a dry climate with a humidifier makes the temperature out of your furnace feel warmer, thus, adding more moisture to excessively dry skin, scratchy throats, chapped lip and dry eyes. This has an energy benefit and a lot of people end up lowering their thermostat, thus saving energy simply because it feels warmer at a lower temperature. This also creates a benefit for our health system.
- Respiratory: Humidifiers are an essential part for comfort and physical well-being. Many people with allergies and asthma and other respiratory diseases have a difficult time breathing (and sleeping) in an environment free from adequate moisture. The aid of proper humidification helps to shift back the moisture balance to an ideal level for added comfort and health. By installing a humidifier for home, you can keep control of the moisture in the air and easily maintain a comfortable humidity level.
Problems that occur without proper installment of humidifiers
If you have an inadequate humidifier system or ac it was not properly installed, homeowners are going to have problems. Here are the types of problems that occur without the proper installment of humidifiers:
- Corrosion: Corrosion is a major problem with steam humidifiers that have been linked with the supply of chlorine and minerals. In contrast to other methods of humidification, steam humidifiers have a minimal effect on the dry bulb (DB) temperatures. The steam humidifier discharges ready-made water vapor. This water vapor does not require additional heat as it mixes with the air and increases the relative humidity.
- Non-Functionality: A non-functioning humidifier will not maintain comfortable humidity in the house during the winter heating season.
- Lack of Production: A common problem that occurs with humidifiers comes with positioning. If the humidifier is installed in a poor location, certain areas of homes might not be reached and the overall productivity of the humidifier will work below par. Humidifiers also must be maintained and the access to the device must be considered when the device is installed.
Due to our climate (or geography) of Central Oregon, Bend Heating has done a great job working with our distributors by limiting recommendations of humidifier types to a few that we know function exactly the way they’re supposed to. A consideration in choosing the best system is partially based on square footage of your house and how much wood is in it, etc. We choose how much humidity output is required and we have been able to pierce through the problems that happen from incorrect product options and find the best solutions.