Bend Heating & Sheet Metal is proud to say that we have one of the best reputations as a local AC repair company in Bend, Oregon. Our air conditioning service technicians are highly trained, skilled and NATE certified. We are able to repair all heating and cooling systems regardless of the make or model in a timely manner.
What To Expect From A Professional AC Repair Company?
You can expect professional, quality work that gets done right the first time. But more importantly, you will get experts advice that will only benefit you in the long run. Sometimes your system needs to be replaced. But other times, you can fix the problem and prolong replacing the unit for years! We won’t know until we’re on the job, but you can expect honest and professional expertise.
AC Repair Guide
We understand that as a homeowner you never know when to call a local air conditioning contractor. Sometimes we want to fix things ourselves. Most homeowners can do basic trouble shooting and may be able to resolve the issue. However, for air conditioners, we recommend hiring a certified ac contractor if the issue can’t be resolved. That last thing you want to do is to cause more damage or fix a part that isn’t causing the problem. But for now, let’s look into an AC repair guide for homeowners:
How to fix air conditioner not cooling?
We recommend starting with simple solutions such as replacing air filters and checking your thermostat settings. If that doesn’t fix the problem then you may have to replace components. Here’s a list of reasons why your air conditioner isn’t cooling correctly:
- Incorrect thermostat settings – make sure your thermostat is set to cool, the temperature is correct and set to cooling operation. Don’t have it set to heat or contestant fan (sometimes labeled “on”).
- Dirty air filters – change your indoor air filters. The indoor air filters should be in or around your indoor air handler unit.
- Blocked condenser unit – you can clean the coil by clearing out debris, carefully vacuuming around the coil or rinsing with water. Why is this important? A dirty coil can reduce energy efficiency, limit cool air that comes from the registers and possibly damage to the compressor.
- Evaporator coil is frozen – due to low temperatures in Bend, Oregon, your evaporator coil may be frozen depending on the type of unit you have. We recommend contacting an ac repair expert if you got to step.
- Refrigerant leak – this is another issue that we recommend you contact a local HVAC technician.
- Undersized air conditioner – if you’ve added onto your existing home or your existing ac unit doesn’t supply enough BTU’s, you may need to upgrade your existing air conditioner.
What to expect when scheduling an air conditioning service repair?
AC contractors have different protocols, but for the most part, you should expect the following when scheduling an AC repair service:
- Inspect your unit before a tune up
- Let you know the cost of the service and the parts needed to fix the problem
- Get professional recommendations
- Provide heating and cooling solutions
Your Bend Area HVAC Expert
Bend Heating & Sheet Metal is your local ac repair company you can trust. We offer affordable pricing, parts and labor warranty, and fully trained service technicians. So give us a call at 541.382.1231 or schedule an online appointment today.